” Exotic Birds of Nymphenburg ” of Nymphenburg Palace -Gardens
” Exotic Birds of Nymphenburg ” are among some of the finest works in Porcelians created in the early 20 century at Nymphenburg Porcelains Works .
Of this period designers such as Luise Terletzki-Scherf Student of Josef Wackerle concerned herself with the subject of exotic birds some twenty years later after the master Josef Wackerle .The cockatoo ( circa 1929) is considered to be one of her most magnificent and beautiful designs greatly influenced by the events In the late 1800s items began to feature creatures ranging from elephants and exotic birds to dogs and turtles, with those by sculptor Luise Terletzky-Scherf being particularly well received.The black contours of the bird and the accentuated orange of its plumage, which is otherwise so sparsely colored, bears testimony to the great artistic craftsmanship and a design that is contemporary to this day , along with European Pigeons ( often referred to as Pair of Doves ) and the later Circus Animals are still a favorite with many collectors . Many others were executed by this designer and others of the early 20 Centuries at the Porcelains work . Other fine works are those by Karner and Josef Wackerle of the best noted and loved by today’s collectors .
Nymphenburg Porcelains Cherish and Collectedby Museums and Collectors for Centuries
Many Collectors have for several centuries have collected and Cherish works from the Nymphenburg Porcelains Works , located in the Nymphenburg Palace out side of Nurenburg . The selection offers fine hand crafted dinner services of great beauty , figurines based on centuries old works of Bustelli Hand colored ,Chinoiserie Figurines ,Rococo-Cumberland-Service and several other fine works that are numerous .
The Nymphenburg Porcelain Manufactory (in German: Porzellanmanufaktur Nymphenburg), manufacturer of Nymphenburg porcelain, is situated in the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich, capital of Bavaria, and since the mid-eighteenth century has been manufacturing porcelain of high artistic value. After his accession in 1745 Maximilian III Joseph, Prince-Elector of Bavaria, commanded the establishment of manufacturing companies in order to bail out the state finances. From 1747 attempts were made to manufacture porcelain and at the end of that year the former Neudeck Castle in the area now the Munich suburb of Au-Haidhausen was made available for that purpose. Up to 1754 the experiments were a miserable failure and lost considerable amounts of money, but in that year the efforts to manufacture porcelain finally began to succeed. In 1755 the factory received its first commission from the Bavarian court and in 1756 came the first success in painting the porcelain in color. The management of the jurist and entrepreneur Count Sigmund von Haimhausen from 1758 ensured that the factory was placed on a sound commercial footing. By 1761 it had moved to the Nymphenburg Palace, where it still is today. Among the great artists who followed Bustelli were Dominikus Auliczek the elder (1734—1804) and Johann Peter Melchior. A great promoter of the works was Ludwig I who gave them many commissions. Particular favorites were dinner services with copies of famous paintings or with Bavarian landscapes in an antique style.
Outstanding values many of these retails from $ 875.00 to $ 40,000.00 in today’s Retail Galleries . Many Fine examples can be found in Auctions Houses and On Line Auctions for much less for the collector . If you are seeking a special designer – period , subject or a set of Impressive Dinner Service .
Works and information can be seen on the Internet at
Theodor Kärner Porcelains at Nymphenburg Porcelains
For many collectors the works of Theodor Kärner Outstanding Works of Nymphenburg Porcelains ranks some of the best works in Birds figurines of the Early 20 Century and that of European Decorative Art in Porcelians of the period , perhaps the best after Meissen in the previous centuries.
Theodor Kärner ( 1884 – 1966 in Munich) was a German Porcelain Artist best known for his animal sculptors.Theodor Kärner first trained 1898-1903 training as the Modeler Hutschenreuther. A bit Later attended the sculptor class of professor Heinrich Waderé (1865-1950) as well as the class for decorative plastics of professor Anton Pruska (1846-1930) .at the Bavarian college of arts and crafts in Munich. Between 1914 and 1921 he was with the animal painter a professor Heinrich von Zügel (1850-1941)
During the period 1905 to 1918 he worked in fixed employment as a sculptor in the Porzellanmanufaktur Nymphenburg in Munich. Between 1918 and 1934 then as free coworkers at the company Rosenthal in same. 1917 bought Philipp Rosenthal (1855-1937) the porcelain work at station same. Although belonging to the AG, it remained first private property of the company owner. Around 1922 there the production of art and Zierporzellan began in its entirety. Starting from this time Theodor Kärners might have to be counted there on the constant cooperation.
Theodor Kärner in April 1938 followed an appointment as the professor at the academy of the forming arts Munich. 1940 it participated in the large German art exhibition in „the house of the German art “in Munich.
Kärner was in the years 1947-1953 directors/conductors of the art department of the porcelain factory Eduard Haberländer in Windischeschenbach. There a part of the collection was taken over and continued to produce.
Rosenthal empolyed Theodor Kärner 1953 again as a free coworker and transferred the art department from Windischeschenbach with all Allacher Kärner models, which were implemented up to the locking of the art department in same there in the same year. Theodor Kärner: created Beautifully executed models for Nymphenburg Porcelains Factory of Birds including the Nymphenburg Porcelain Cockatoo Figurine with Wings Spread and Nymphenburg Hand Colored Peacock .The artist died in 1966